Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

"And I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."


I think what attaches me to this song are the lyrics of loving someone and wanting to do everything for them. Additionally, it talks about being a person and just the essence of life. In the first verse, the singer wants to do whatever it takes to be around the person they are interested in and they are describing how that person is everything to them, like their safe haven. Moving on into the second verse, it adds on to the wanting to be around that specific person and wanting to spend every single second together. However, the lyrics, "And sooner or later, it's over, I just don't wanna miss you tonight," shows how the time could come to an end and they miss that person's aura and presence. The chorus is the most riveting part when they are trying to say that everything has to come to an end but I want you to know who I am and the love I have. They don't want to be vulnerable or they are afraid to be vulnerable and they don't want to expose their true feelings and who they are to the world. They sort of accept that nothing is made to last but they want the person to remember who they are. Then, verse 3 talks about hardships and the rough parts of the relationships. Getting through those rough patches means you know that the relationship isn't a fake thing now and you still care for each other. 

The way this song sums up knowing the most perfect things end but wanting to still try is beautiful. - ava